The Library offers flexibility and choice, backed by intelligent systems to assist you in making informed decisions. Achieve your outcomes with a wide range of data and access to discipline specific resources 24/7.
- Silence is to be observed at all times.
- Smoking is forbidden in all parts of the Library.
- No kind of food is to be brought into the Library.
- Gowns, raincoats, umbrellas, cases, cameras, tape recorders, etc. must be left with the Assistant at the entrance of the Library, but at owners’ risk. However, readers must carry their money and other valuables with them. The Library disclaims responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal items.
- All readers must enter and leave the Library through the approved entrance.
- The use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited. All such phones should be switched off whilst users are in the Library.
- Orderly conduct must be maintained at all times in all parts of the Library.
- No seat shall be reserved by or for any reader. Any seat so reserved shall be cleared by Library staff for use by others.
- Any book recalled shall be returned within 48 hours.
- Library staff shall inspect any item being taken out of the Library.
Offenses & Sanctions
The following shall Constitute Library Offenses:
- Failure to return borrowed books and related materials on dates due.
- Loss or misplacement of books and related materials.
- Unlawful acquisition of Library materials.
- Mutilation of books and other materials.
- Failure to return books and related materials on demand.
- Failure to return books on the date due: All users including students, teaching and non-teaching staff who commit this offense shall be liable to the payment of a fine of GH¢1.5 per book per day up to 7 days; thereafter the fine increases to GH¢2.0 a day plus forfeiture of borrowing facility till books are returned. For recalled books, the rate is Gh¢3.00 a day.
- Loss or misplacement of books: A member who commits this offense shall be liable to pay the current price of the book plus a service charge of Gh¢5.0.
- A library user, who steals, mutilates or causes irreparable damage to a book or any information source in the Library will face rustication, the court of law, or even both.
- Unlawful acquisition of books: A member who commits offense shall be liable to the sanctions below:
- Ordinary Books: Forfeiture of reading and borrowing rights for a semester and possible rustication for a period not exceeding 21 days.
- Rare Books: Rustication for a year or total dismissal
- Mutilation of Books: Without regard to the category of books the user must be dismissed from the University.
- Reference Books: As in (a) above, plus possible rustication for a period
- Failure to return books on demand: Any member who commits offense shall forfeit reading and borrowing rights for a trimester.
NOTE: In line with University regulations, the examination results of students who fail to return library books and other materials by the end of the academic year shall remain unpublished until they discharge all their obligations in the Library.
- The borrowing period is strictly between 8:30 AM and 9:00 PM on weekdays and 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM on Saturdays.
- You must be a registered and active user to be able to use the library services.
- Users can borrow reserved books only on weekends and return them on Monday before 10:00 am.
- Library ID CARD must be presented to borrow a book.
- Teaching staff can borrow a maximum of four books
- Non-Teaching staff can borrow a maximum of two books.
- Students can borrow a maximum of two books.
- Check the date due to ensure when you are to return the book.
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others.
- Students are not allowed to transfer borrowed materials to other students.
- Students with overdue books or fines will not be allowed to use library services.
- All users will be responsible for any damage or loss of library materials.
- Users must ensure that borrowed books are in good condition.
- Lost library books or materials must be reported to the library staff immediately.
- Lost books that are recovered, must be handed to the library.
- All reserved materials must be returned at a specific time of the day.
Loan of Books
Undergraduate students may borrow up to 2 books for 2 weeks, renew if not requested by another reader. All books are subject to recall by the Library when the need arises.
- Postgraduate and Research students, Teaching Assistants and National service personnel may borrow up to 2 books for 2 weeks, renewable subject to after 7 days.
- Senior members may borrow up to 4 books for a semester/trimester, subject to recall after 2 weeks.
- Reference books, periodicals, newspapers, and other restricted items may not be borrowed.
- Lending and return of books cease 30 minutes before closing time.
- All borrowed books and related materials shall be returned by the last day of the trimester.
- No books are to be written in, cut or damage in any way.
- Any defect in or damage to a book should be reported to the Library staff immediately.
- Readers and borrowers are held responsible for any damage to any book in their charge or possession.
- Borrowers should report at once the loss of any book in their possession.
We are here to help!
If you have any questions about the Library or computing, you can find your answers on FAQ page.
Or you can ask our friendly staff in person about Library and services, find us in the libraries or contact us by phone, email or chat